Thursday, May 24, 2007

Wedding Vows

This is my submission for Thursday Poetry.

Wedding Vows

He says:
You’re not the best I ever had
But neither am I for you
So if you can put up with me
I guess that you will do

She says:
You are no one’s dream
Nor nightmare I must admit
So I will give you my heart
You’re the best I’m gonna get

Her Father:
At last I found someone
To give my daughter to
I never thought she’d ever leave
My god, she’s fifty two

His Mother:
At last my son has met someone
What a glorious day
I had given up him moving out
I assumed that he was gay

The Minister:
I now pronounce you man and wife
On this solemn wedding day
Since no one would want either of you
I know you’ll never stray

6 comments:

Yes said...

You're kidding about the "serious poets" business, right?
Damn, this is a riot! We need more poets like you!

You're a pro in MY book--love this!

gautami tripathy said...

I enjoyed this very much. Infact I know such a couple!! The conversations are very good.

myrtle beached whale said...

Thanks for your kind comments. I think we all know this couple.

Crafty Green Poet said...

very amusing!

Lisa Cohen said...

Thanks for the giggle! Loved this.

:)

MarmiteToasty said...

LOL :) ok that made me so smile this morning..... very cleverly written and VERY funny..... fanks for that lol

x