Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Heads or Tails - "Love Story" - 2/10/09

This is my first time participating at Barb's Heads or Tails. I probably couldn't have picked a worse time to join in. With Valentine's Day looming, this weeks prompt is predictably "Love Story". For many of us, Valentine's Day is the saddest holiday of all. I am certainly not qualified to write of love. I will leave it to the professionals. I have included some song titles that speak to me of love, or anti-love. It seems others have shared my experiences with love. I don't want to come off as bitter, that is not the case. Some people are not good at golf, I am not good at love. At least no one ever cut their ear off because of golf. That being said, at the end of this post is a photo of the only love that I can be absolutely certain of, unconditionally.

Love is a battlefield
Love don’t love me
Love hurts
Love and pain
Love is a mutt from hell
Love is dead
Love is a killer
Love in vain
I don’t want your love
Love is blue
Losers in love
Love don’t live here anymore
Love is a stranger
Love’s a hard game to play
Love is a cannibal
Love’s a deadly weapon
Love for sale
Love should be a crime
Love pains
Love will tear us apart
Love to see you cry
Love under fire
Love song for no one
Love on the rocks
Love crimes
Love really hurts
Love lies bleeding
Love kills
Love me no more
Love is the fall of every man
One sided love
Stranger to love
The love that we lost
Unlovable
Tainted love
When love dies
The end of a love affair
U don’t love me
Unforgiven love
When love and hate collide
Tough love
Too late for love
There must be more to love than this
Whatever happened to true love
Too much love will kill you
When love cries
She loves everybody
The line between love and hate
This can’t be love
This aint a love song
The trouble with love is
The remains of our love
There’s not much love here anymore
Love can knock you over
Love is nothing
What do you do when love dies
Wasted love
What is love
We’re sending our love down the well
Walk away from love
Used to love you
We don’t make love anymore
What the hell is love
The price of love
Victim of love
The lonely side of love
Unloved
The game of love
The love I never had
Violent love
Slap of love
Where did our love go
That aint love
When love turns to blue
When your lover has gone
Where does love go when it dies
String of bad love
When love fades
When you took your love away
When the wrong one loves you
When will I be loved
When love is over
So how come no one loves me
Sometimes love just aint enough
The girl I never loved
When love goes wrong
Suffocated love
Strange lover
Out of love
She loves me not
Should have loved me when you had the chance
So sad to watch good love go bad
Scars of love
She can’t love you
Never love again
Since you took your love away
Where has the love gone
Psycho love
I’m not your lover
Our love’s in danger
Nobody here to love
Prisoner of love
She don’t love you
Why don’t you love me
Without love
Wicked love
Where is the love
Price of love
Who needs love like that
One of us is in love
No love
Wounded in love
Pain is love
You don’t love me
Love’s so cruel
My love is dangerous
Who will love me now
You don’t know what love is
Only love can break your heart
One-sided love affair
You can’t make a heart love somebody
Woman without love
Never had a lover
Without your love
My lover’s gone
Love is rare
Love is strange
Never gonna fall in love again
Nobody loves me
No more love
Never felt love
Lovesick blues
Misery loves company
Never love you
Love is dangerous
Love fades
Love’s a loaded gun
Love’s unkind
Love and napalm
Far from love
Love ain’t worth making
Kiss your love goodbye
You’re not in love
You’re love is driving me crazy
You used to love me
You’ll never find another love
Love’s a slap in the face
Love bites
You took your love away from me
Life’s too short to love like that
You love me to hate you
Love and other bruises
You give love a bad name
Just wasn’t love
You say you don’t love me
It’s too late to love me now
It hurts like love
You don’t love me anymore
If you died I wouldn’t cry cause you never loved me anyway
I’m the man who murdered love
I’ll never fall in love again
I just don’t love you anymore
Hate to love
I’m not in love
I’m outta love
I wish I’d never loved you
I never loved you anyways
I love the dead
Love stinks
I don’t love you
He don’t love you
I love you like a ball and chain
I can’t be loved
Gone is my love
He loves you not
Falling out of love
Guess you didn’t love me
I don’t need love
I can’t make you love me
Your love is driving me crazy
Fractured love
Got love for sale
Gloomy love
Fool for your love
50 ways to leave your lover
After the love has gone
Aint Love a Bitch
Don’t kill for love
Desperate love
Faded love
Fools fall in love
Demolition love
All out of love
Don’t say you love me
Anti-Love Song
Betcha she don’t love you
Bye bye love
Chloroform the one you love
Casualty of love
Crazy love


23 comments:

Anonymous said...

There really are a lot of songs about love, aren't there? I still haven't come up with a Heads or Tails post yet for this week.

Your dog looks like a sweetie.

Jan said...

I had a problem with today's post as well. But you handled it well. Sweet looking dog! :)

Le Butterfly said...

Quite a list - welcome to heads or tails - I have not done a post today

Anonymous said...

There is certainly love other than between a man and woman... maybe not that "we're going to grow old together" kind of love.. but I see some love in your post with that pooch of yours.. the first picture was of him, the last was of him (and you). Looks like a special kind of love to me.

I'm a dog lover myself (just look at my flickr photos).. There is something so incredible special about them, the love is so genuine, so pure and real..

Happy Valentine's Day to you and your pooch. ;)

Barb said...

Now that's an impressive list.

Was "I Want To Know What Love Is" in there? I may have missed it.

A dog's love is often the best kind because it is so unconditional.

Welcome to Heads Or Tails! I hope you'll play often. :)

Mom Knows Everything said...

What a beautiful dog! You did a wonderful job on creating such a long list. Have a great day! :o)

Misty DawnS said...

"Love" certainly is the subject of many songs.

You had me laughing out loud with "At least no one ever cut their ear off because of golf." bwahahahahahahaha

The picture at the end is adorable! My three Border Collies own my heart and have taught me what it is to truly and unconditionally be loved.

P.S. You might want to check out Camera-Critters, which is a weekend meme all about critter photos... http://camera-critters.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

Ok, I admit, I scrolled to the bottom first, knowing it was a picture of Skooter, and what a cute one at that! Then I went back to peruse your lise of love songs... wow! Some I knew, some I hadn't heard of. I agree with you, there's something special about the unconditional love of a dog. May you have many happy years together!
~Michelle
p.s. Happy Valentine's Day anyway!

Shadow said...

okay, you expect us to read ALL those titles, heee heee heeee. i'll second you on that one total unconditional love!

Tumblewords: said...

I think there are quite a few who could agree with what you wrote - Skooter looks very comfortable and comforting.

Anonymous said...

Well, those are uplifting songs. :) What about 'What's love got to do with it'? Didn't see that on there. Love Ya Carly

Anonymous said...

It looks like Skooter loves you!

Neil Bytes said...

I like your dog.

Forgetfulone said...

Those pictures are love! Yep, we had a similar take on the prompt. Definitely not gushing over Valentine's Day. I'm an admitted cynic when it comes to "romantic love" if there is such a thing. I love my family, but, well. You know, it's just not the same anymore.

I had no idea there were so many songs with love in the title. I do have to say I used to like Victim of Love and Tainted Love. Brings back memories. Some of those titles are really funny!

myrtle beached whale said...

There are thousands of songs with love in the title, these are more like anti-love songs.

Blondie said...

Sadly, that's an awfully long list. Unfortunately, it resonated with my bitter, cynical, disillusioned, and caustic self.

Lately, I have been contemplating taking up Golf as a hobby.

You are a bad influence.

Betty said...

I got an invitation from you via email to visit your blog. Thank you for the invite, and I must say your blog looks interesting. I can't help but wonder though how you found my blog.

You sure have listed a lot of songs with the word "love" in them. You really thought outside the box for today's theme. Way to go.

Yes, pets give us unconditional love. On that I agree.

Unknown said...

Wow! You found a lot of song titles. Impressive.
Such a list makes one wonder why so many of the songs about love are sad or mournful.

paisley said...

and here i thought i was the grinch of valentines day!!!!!!

Redheels said...

Wow, what a list of love songs. After reading down your list, I didn't see "He stopped loving her today". I saw that you used lover and loves, but not loving in the titles. I just wanted to say I think that is the best love song ever.
It sure looks like that dog of yours loves you......lol

myrtle beached whale said...

Redheels:

You are right, "He stopped loving her today" is a great love song. That is why it is not listed here. If I listed any love songs, it was by accident. I am hoping they are all anti-love songs, which was my plan.

Andrea said...

Love your dog!! And you are right...their kind of love is certain and forever. :)

linda may said...

Aw Mate! Here's a Valentine's Day Hug for ya! (((HUG))) Across the miles.
I don't think I ever got a valentines day thing except from Pete my hubby.
Anyway you are surrounded by love. Look at your doggie and kids and Grandkids. Lots of different kinds of love.